[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_image admin_label=”Image” src=”http://dekalbprepacademy.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Dekalb-Preparatory-Academy_400px_wide.jpg” show_in_lightbox=”off” url_new_window=”off” animation=”off” sticky=”off” align=”center” force_fullwidth=”off” always_center_on_mobile=”on” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”] [/et_pb_image][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text-Title” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
CARPOOL POLICIES & PROCEDURES
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text-Carpool Policies and Procedure” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
DPA is a non-busing school and therefore we have a large volume of vehicles during carpool. It’s imperative that you adhere to the carpool procedures below for the safety of staff, volunteers and students.
To ensure the safety of all stakeholders, inappropriate behavior during carpool or disregard for carpool procedures will not be tolerated. Failure to follow carpool procedures or disrespectful behavior towards staff or volunteers will be handled in the following manner.
- 1st infraction – parent will receive a warning/reminder of carpool procedures
- 2nd infraction – parent conference with administration
- 3rd infraction – carpool access restriction (referral to the DPA Executive Board)
- Based on the severity of the violation the infraction may bypass the consequences for the 1st and/or 2nd infractions.
CARPOOL DECAL: Each family will be given two (2) carpool numbers to identify their vehicle(s). Be sure that the number is displayed in the front dashboard on the passenger side of the vehicle. Vehicles without a school-issued carpool number displayed as stated, will be asked to park and wait until carpool has ended to pick up their child(ren). Please help the carpool staff and volunteers by complying with this simple request.
SCHOOL LOCATION: 1402 Austin Drive Decatur, Georgia 30032
MORNING & AFTERNOON CARPOOL PICKUP & DROP OFF TIMES:
Morning Carpool/Arrival 7:00-7:35 a.m.
- 7:00 – 7:35 a.m. Students may be dropped off in the following locations:
- All Kindergarten & 1st grade students must be dropped off to the cafeteria.
- 2nd – 7th grade students will be dropped off to the cafeteria only if eating breakfast
- 2nd – 7th grade students not eating breakfast should be dropped off to the gymnasium.
- 7:35 – 8:00 a.m. Students should be dropped off in the front circle of the school.
- 8:00 a.m. Our instructional day begins and all students arriving at this time will be considered tardy and must be escorted in to the building by a parent or guardian to be checked-in and receive a tardy pass.
Afternoon Carpool 3:00-3:30 p.m.
Enter the carpool pick up area from the left side of the school building (Corner of Austin Drive & Redwing Circle). Once you have picked up your child(ren), remove the carpool number card from your dashboard as a signal to the staff & volunteers that you are ready to exit the parking lot.
- To expedite dismissal all parents MUST utilize school carpool lanes ONLY, no one will be permitted to exit their vehicle to pick-up their student(s). Violation of this rule will result in an infraction as mentioned above.
- Do not leave your vehicle unattended at any time in the carpool loading/unloading area.
- Speed limit is 5 MPH in the parking lot and carpool loading/unloading area at all times throughout the day.
- No Cell Phones in loading/unloading area. This is imperative to ensure the safety of all students,staff, and volunteers.
- For the safety of all involved, be sure to put your vehicle in park when loading/unloading children.
- Please do not engage volunteers or staff in discussions in the carpool line. If you have questions or concerns, please communicate to the appropriate faculty/staff member outside of designated carpool times.
- You may contact Mr. Lorenzo Floyd @ 404-937-2000 Ext. 2044 or via email at email@example.com
- Children not picked up by 3:35 p.m. will be sent to the after-school program located in the cafeteria at a drop in rate of $22 per day.
- If your child is a “walker” (i.e. your child walks to and from school or uses public transportation), please notify the front office. This will be checked and verified by the administrative staff.
- Walkers will be dismissed at 3:00. Parents of walkers may arrive for pick up at 3:00 p.m., but will not have access to the school lobby prior to that time.
- Be patient, courteous and safe!
- Early pick-up for a doctor’s appointment must occur no later than 2:00 p.m. Student will not be allowed to check out students after that time.
- You may not exit your vehicles to pick-up your student(s) in the carpool pickup line. All vehicle must display student car rider number(s) for a student to be dismissed.